![]() |
| Not my photo but reminds me of the scenery on this day... |
As I was running recently, it was a particularly beautiful day and I was caught up in the panorama of the surroundings. The awesomeness of creation, the blessing of the moment, the peace to think and contemplate. It was a feast for the senses for sure. One thing on my mind was God's presence and continual guidance in wisdom and comfort throughout my life.
The reason I began this blog many moons ago, was to journal the homeschooling life. Especially for well-meaning family and friends who really didn't understand what all was involved. It was much easier to chronicle some of our goings-on than to verbalize it. While the content of the blog has changed over the years to encompass more of what we experience as fullness in life, the underlying tone of the journey has always been through my relationship with God. Always His calling...His direction... His ideas.
"There's nothing new under the sun." No idea has ever been hatched without it being thought somewhere at some point in time. Even true so-called "original" ideas like those of famed icons; Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Einstein, etc. began somewhere. God, the author put it in those great minds so they could carry out His purpose not only for them but through them for us. So, with the advent of the Internet, and so much information especially with all the social sites where you can know most every one's ideas, it leaves me wondering...
Do we use knowledge to glorify His purposes or is it often used as a vehicle to promote ourselves?
This was the question I pondered on this day. Have I been diligent about giving God the glory for His works through me, and not me of my own works? I may think of Him while writing an entry or speaking to others, but may often avoid openly giving him the credit...almost like ignoring citations in a research paper. In society this would be considered plagiarism. In God's eyes... pride.
So, in reflecting on Him...my hope is that in all things, my life will be a testimony, giving the credit where it is truly due....
to GOD be the Glory!



















No comments:
Post a Comment