Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wild Kingdom

While settling in the children are becoming quite the experts in critter catching.  Our Knoxville property had plenty of furry and crawling creatures to discover, but with being on 63 plus acres you can imagine the frequency of "finds".  As were returning from Knoxville late last night I pulled up to the mailbox and stared into the eyes two deer.  I rolled down my window and proceeded to greet them with a "hi".  They looked at me for a moment and then bounded away.  Pretty cool.  The kids have also befriended a 6 foot black snack that has taken up residence under some timbers near the house.  It finally crawled out and Noah (our Steve Erwin wanna be) grabbed it by the tail!  Life on the farm is definitely an adventure.  I discovered a black widow on our patio recently exactly where the little ones like to play, yikes!  I could see Sarah (who has no fear of bugs right now) casually picking it up not knowing the fierceness of it's bite!  Something we'll have to leave up to God as there's no way we can be with them every second to warn them of impending dangers.  Thankfully, Joe, several family members and I walked the house and property prior to moving in asking for God's blessings and protection. 

So, here's the latest find...a bird that Noah discovered presumably injured after flying into the house.  He took care of it all night, placed it in a safe place on our deck so predators would not get it until morning and then watched it fly away the next day.  A precious reward for Noah who painstakingly watched over it until he knew it was healed. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment