
Well, we're finally in!! After making several trips back and forth to Knoxville and one big U-haul load we have moved enough stuff to officially call this home base. The only things left are the big outdoor items like the swing set and items that we can take our time in getting on weekends. We will be going next to finish wall painting and getting it ready for listing. Yea, an end in sight!
Our new country home is wonderful and already feeling so cozy. Everyone seems to be adjusting well and the children love roaming the land and exploring. The girls room is finished and I took this photo on the second night we were able to stay, finding little Sarah had crawled into bed with big sis Lilly. Couldn't help but find this endearing as I knew she was still a little hesitant of sleeping in her new bed, new room and new house. For several weeks now we've been house hopping, leaving all of us feeling a bit disjointed. We're grateful to finally have some stability while watching a new home emerge from the boxes and clutter. I commented while walking in our garage which has served as a drop point after the many trips to Knoxville that it looked like the debris field after a hurricane. I had to walk over junk, scavenging to find exactly what I was looking for. Ha!
The U-haul day was not without some adventure either. Thankfully, my sister-in-law's strapping boyfriend who holds several power lifting titles served as our second moving dolly....no kidding either. He benches 700 pounds and squats about 1000, so lifting a piano, planer and table saw was merely a typical gym day for him. We couldn't have made it without his help though, as Joe commented that he was the equivalent of 2 or 3 men, making light work of what was initially back breaking lifting. However, before we could begin loading the 26 foot truck had to be driven into the yard and backed up to the shop which unfortunately got stuck in the muck after the grass had become soggy from recent wet weather. So, almost an hour was devoted to many attempts at pulling it out with Joe's truck. Leaving a muddy trench which we will have to repair before listing. Fortunately, once this minor issue was resolved the men made quick work of the rest of the loading.
Today, we also got our satellite Internet installed. In fact, this is my first attempt at blogging with it! At first I was having my doubts about the system as I could not connect to anything and what I could was extremely and pain stakingly SLOW. I almost felt flashbacks to the dial-up days and wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. Thankfully, all seems to be working now and hopefully I'll be able to continue to blog without having to stand on my head to make it go faster.


















No comments:
Post a Comment