It's hard to believe it back to school already for so many!
The school season is year long for us, but even homeschoolers who do not follow a "traditional" schedule still feel the rush and excitement of others around this time. Not to mention a tinge of guilt for perhaps not working faster so that a summer off is the BIG reward. Oh well, that's the beauty of the homeschooling life. To LIVE the way YOU see fit and using education as a daily experience not just a period of time. That's one of the many reasons why we love it so much.
Have to share a neat experience...
One of my favorite resources as a homeschooling parent is TOS Magazine (The Old Schoolhouse). I've subscribed for years and it has more than several times pulled me out of the low motivation ditches. The magazine is full of rich encouragement and information and networks so much of what is available in the homeschool community nationwide. Recently I called to renew my subscription and learned that it has gone completely digital...for FREE. Sort of happy and sad as I prefer hard copy books and magazines (glad I saved my old copies!). However, since the magazine is expensive, the digital option is fantastic! You can get the application for any hand held device.
The REALLY exciting part happened during a beginning of the year planning meeting at co-op. The creator and publisher of this very magazine was sitting right behind me! Funny thing is that I had just listened to her being interviewed on a homeschool podcast based in California a few weeks ago. Publishers Paul and Gena Suarez live down the road with their 7th (I think) children and she'll be attending coop with us this year! What an honor to meet the folks who have brought such a generous resource to the homeschool community. I can't wait to pick her brain and learn more about the behind the scenes of the business.
You can support TOS online here:
http://thehomeschoolmagazine.com/


















No comments:
Post a Comment