Saturday, January 19, 2013

The "P" Word...

So, in case I haven't been obvious enough...

The mantra throughout this blog has been about living freely.  Living freely has so many all encompassing variables, ranging from the spiritual to the physical.  

Spiritual being the most important and originating with accepting YHVH (God) and trying to live as the SON did.  Yahshua was the only "GOD" of the many gods that lived right and was obedient to the law even unto the end as the perfect sacrifice.  He beat death which is the result of NOT transgressing the law (definition of "sin" in Hebrew).  We too can be immortal after this life when we accept HIS sacrifice and try to live by His example.  How to do this:   "love God with all your heart, mind soul and strength AND love your neighbor as yourself" Mark 12:30-31.  The details of HOW can be found in the Torah or old testament scriptures.  God's laws...not the "oral laws" made up by rabbis, preachers, ministers or priests. 

Physical freedom can only come once the realization is made that you are captive, much like the children of Israel who were slaves for 400 years in Egypt.  They could not worship as YHVH told them too nor live in a manner that brought freedom due to the captivity.  Much like it is today.  Sure we can largely worship the way we want, but only if it agrees with certain accepted mainstream standards defined by denominations.    

Speaking of...having church denominations has done much to enslave spiritual thought.  Anything apart from the accepted man taught "religion" in seminary or higher institutions is largely ignored.  Doctrines are created to sometimes guilt and enslave, all the while picking and choosing which laws of God should be obeyed.  Thereby making it difficult to assemble (as one of the laws of YHVH) in typical churches to really study YHVH's truths.  As the result of stifled "religion" OR empty entertainment based churches embraced by mega churches... many are turning to home churches for freedom to study deeper. 

FYI...Did you know the Catholic church years ago changed the Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday because they said they were given divine power to change the laws of God?  While protestant churches (the sister church of catholicism) loves the law of "tithing" but conveniently ignores the laws about eating unclean meats...AND the Sabbath.  Also, "The Queen James" Bible has been recently written for homosexuals in attempt to quell "homophobia".  Not based on the original manuscripts of course... but from a translation of a translation.  Talk about confusion and division.

Government has largely become a cancer born out of the peoples' desires to have a physical king rule over them many years ago.  Man in his weakness succumbs to the flesh and ignores the law of The Almighty, rendering him an unjust ruler....or rulers (aka our current government).  They control the money and have the power due to the ignorance of the people that keep them there.  Dependence on these entities is dangerous.  Even if you think you are getting help, a free ride, etc.  it comes with a price...and it could affect your soul in the future if not awake.  Mark my words.

This mix of religious suppression and lawlessness makes for the perfect storm of enslavement of the populace.  My goal since understanding this, has been to show others how to climb out of the darkness and begin taking control of their lives, question everything, do your homework.  Try and limit these entities in their corrupted power.  Long ago we gave up our God given responsibilities to care for ourselves....it's time to reclaim our independence and become true survivors.

I recently stumbled over a super cool site.  The Survival Mom!  She speaks my language and had to share this post from her blog defining that little controversial "P" word relative to becoming more self-sufficient.  

Will a little prepping be in your future?

Are You a Prepper? | The Survival Mom™


survival mom button prepared2 Are You a Prepper?Whatever your age, I’ll bet you can name all the cliques that existed at your high school.  At mine, we had the druggies, cowboys, jocks and scholars.  Oh, and the Pregnant Girls.  Some cliques were cool, others were not.  I was Vice President of the National Honor Society, so I’ll let you figure out which group claimed me as a member!  (I was such a nerd back then!)  I guess it’s human nature to assign labels to groups of people, and now, it would seem, I have a new label.  I’m a prepper.
I’ve had a tough time defining what it means to be a prepper.  It means more than stocking up on canned goods and more than knowing four ways to start a fire.  Some preppers are gun nuts, others aren’t.  If I know what Paracord is and I carry emergency blankets in my car, does that make me a prepper?
Another blogger with the charming name of YeOldFurt, has written quite a comprehensive definition that answers the question, “What, exactly is a prepper?”  I’ll excerpt a bit of his explanation here, but suggest you visit his blog, Old Lightning, to read it in its’ entirety.  A big thanks to Tom over at American Preppers Network for pointing me in the direction of YeOldFurt’s post.
So, what is a prepper?  In a nutshell, YeOldFurt says,
Preppers are individuals preparing for personal catastrophic events. These may be extremely personal such as unemployment and meager funds to pay bills and buy groceries, or the events may be widespread due to climate/global catastrophes. They may also include a simple desire to return to living frugally and within their immediate means of support, independent of exterior or governmental support or mandates.
A defining characteristic of preppers, he says, is responsibility.
The great majority of preppers believe in the individual responsibility of self versus the collectivism of government controlled social welfare. Being prepared is an outgrowth of this belief. Some people consider this “conservatism”. Just another label in my opinion. The basis is still individual responsibility for self. No one else, including government, can be or should be responsible for your welfare. Only the individual can provide self-sufficiency for their needs and survival.
To this, I say, “Amen!”  If Katrina taught me nothing else, it taught me that when TSHTF, I have to rely on myself, my family, and what we have done to prepare for that particular crisis.
Prepping doesn’t control my life nor has it become the center of our family activities.  Rather, it’s something I keep in mind as I go about my daily routine.  I look for ways to become better educated and trained for emergencies, and yes, I’m constantly adding cans of corn and bottles of shampoo to my stash!
If the idea of prepping, or preparedness, is new to you, check out my posts in Preparedness 101.  You can prepare yourself and your family for uncertain times without even owning a stitch of cammo clothing!  And even better?  You don’t have to worry about whether or not you belong to the “cool” clique or not!
© 2009 – 2010, thesurvivalmom. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment